National Teaching Council (NTC) – Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination (GTLE) is mandated by the Education Act 2008 (ACT 778), Section 9, to license teachers in Ghana. The purpose of the Licensing Examination is to enable candidates (teachers) acquire a Professional license.
In addition, it aims at preparing teachers to meet the demands of the National Teachers’ Standards of possessing the minimum knowledge, skills, values and attitudes (competencies and experience) necessary to deliver effectively in schools.
NTC Examination Dates and Schedules
The Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination (GTLE) is held twice a year, General Arrangements are been made by NTC for the first batch of candidates in March/May and Second Batch in September/October. The first ever Registration took place in August 2008.
After a successfully registration, all Colleges of Education across the country the exam was written in September 2018. Candidates are provided with examination guidelines and procedures during registration. Here is some of the NTC PAST QUESTIONS AVAILABLE as well as GTLE – Rules and Regulations.
NTC GTLE Ghana PortaPrep Portal – Access Free Tests and 1000+ Past Questions
NTC Registration Fees
- Fresh candidates are to pay GH¢ 350.00 as registration fees.
- Students who have a Re-sit are to pay GH¢ 150.00 for one (1) Re-sit paper.
- Candidates who have two (2) Re-sit paper are to pay GH¢ 210.00.
- Candidates Re-sitting for all the three (3) papers are to pay GH¢ 350.00.
NTC Payment Procedures
- Visit any branch of GCB Bank LTD Nationwide to buy an e-Voucher.
- Provide your Name, Index Number (College/University) and year of Completion.
- Also, notify the Bank as Fresh/ Re-sit Candidate (i.e if you are writing ONE, TWO or THREE)
- Receive your PIN and Serial Number.
- Proceed to NTC Official Portal for registration
Also, read on NTC exams registration portal
NTC Registration Procedures
- Login NTC Official Portal
- Enter your PIN and Serial Number
- Provide all details and Upload your passport photograph
- Review your information
- Submit and Print
Read on how to login and check your NTC certificate here
- National Teaching Council Online Portal
- Results Checking Portal
- Reset/Forget Password Portal
- Resit Registration Portal
- Certificate Request Portal
- NTC Teacher Registration Number
- National Teaching Council Official Website
- Teacher Portal Ghana
How Can I Contact NTC?
For further information visit the NTC official Website or call NTC hotlines:
Public Relation Officer: +233242525835
Exam Officer: 03302091100 or 0202870581 or 0551372282
Registration Assistant: 0500594088 or 0500594051