Learn more about National Benchmark Tests, NBT Test online registration, and login to access the application portal. To register and write NBT, applicants need to book for the test online or walk in. Besides, NBT allows remote writing.
Table of Contents
National Benchmark Tests, NBT Online Application and Registration
The National Benchmark Tests, NBT project under the auspices of the Centre for Educational Testing for Access and Placement, CETAP registration is date and venue specific. If you miss your scheduled test, you must re-register and pay again. You will be able to access your results only if you have paid for any tests for which you were registered. Find current NBT dates and venues.
The username and EasyPay number assigned to you during registration is used to:
- Complete the registration process if you did not finish
- Correct personal information
- Request change to test date or site
- Verify payment so that your results may be released
Documents and Requirements for NBT Test Online Registration
To be eligible to register for National Benchmark Tests, NBT, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Your official ID book (if you are not a citizen of South Africa, you will need your passport)
- A unique email address
- City and site where you want to write
- NBT requirements from the institutions where you plan to apply
- Date when you want to write (allow 4 weeks for the institution(s) to which you have applied to receive your results. You can access your results on our website after 5 weeks.)
- Pen and paper to record your username and EasyPay number
NBT Registration Fee
Find below the cost of each NBT test
- AQL only – R145
- AQL and MAT – R290
- Remark – R250
Payment Procedure for NBT
Here are three ways to make an NBT registration payment.
- Make payment via EasyPay Website
- Take your registration letter to an EasyPay Paypoint to pay for testing fees.
- Make direct deposit or EFT payment to the NBT project.
How to Login NBT Registration Portal
Here’s a quick way to access and login to the National Benchmark Tests, NBT online application portal.
- Explore NBT Website
- Navigate to Quick Links
- Login NBT Account
- Enter your Username and Password
- Tap on the Login button
How to Book and Register for the NBT Test
Follow these steps to learn how to register for the National Benchmark Tests, NBT.
- Access the NBT Application Portal
- Tap on “Book a test“
- Fill in your details
- Enter your Contact Information
- Select your Test Venue
- Complete the Survey
- Follow the prompts and you are done
- Tap to Submit
At the end of registration, you will be given the option to download or print the registration confirmation. Your NBT reference number will be on the statement. Your NBT reference number is your EasyPay reference number against which you make payment.
NB: Please provide your own personal email address upon registration because all communication will be sent to the email provided.
NBT Remote Writers
A remote writer/student is someone who is unable to write at an institution that generally facilitates the national benchmark test sessions.
Usually, it is a writer who is in another country or in an area too remote to be able to make a trip of a reasonable distance to the nearest testing center.
- The responsibilities of the writer/examinee are to:
- Make arrangements for testing with the test proctor/invigilator according to the test due date;
- Maintain test security and confidentiality;
- Carry out any reasonable and legitimate instructions given by the proctor/invigilator
- The Writer/ Student is responsible for all payments such as proctor/invigilator, courier, venue, and test.
- When we receive the proctor’s/invigilator’s details we will communicate with him/her directly via the e-mail address provided. It is the writer’s responsibility to stay in touch with the proctor/invigilator.
Check out samples PDF and NBT past papers as guidelines. Here top free online application Universities in South Africa.