The National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NaCCA) is inviting publishers to submit textbooks for assessment and approval for the implementation of the Common Core Programme (CCP) Curriculum for JHS1–JHS3 (Basic 7–Basic 9).
The process of Textbook Assessment and Approval will be managed by the National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NaCCA) on behalf of the Ministry of Education (MoE) per the Education Regulatory Bodies Act 2020 (Act 1023). NaCCA will be responsible for identifying and recommending suitably qualified assessors to form Assessment Panels.
1. The National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NaCCA) working in collaboration with the Ministry of Education has completed the development of the second phase of the Pre-tertiary curriculum Common Core Programme (CCP) Curriculum for Basic 7 to Basic 9 (B7–B9).
2. The new curriculum has been handed over to the Ghana Education Service (GES) for implementation in the 2021/2022 academic year.
3. NaCCA, which is mandated to manage the process of assessment and approval of textbooks and other educational materials for use in all pre-tertiary schools, hereby requests all Publishers and educational material developers to submit their materials based on the new curriculum for assessment.
4. The assessment and approval system will be an ongoing process. Publishers and educational materials developers are entreated to submit their books, whenever they are completed, for assessment. Copies of the curriculum can be obtained from the NaCCA Head Office, South Ridge Road, Accra.
5. Submissions shall be for the learning areas of the Common Core Programme for Basic 7 to 9 as outlined below:
- Arabic Language
- Career Technology
- Creative Arts and Design
- English Language
- French Language
- Ghanaian Language
- Physical and Health Education
- Religious and Moral Education
- Social Studies
6. Each learning area represents a separate assessment package. Publishers may submit one or more packages for assessment. A package will comprise three learner’s books for each grade with their accompanying three facilitator’s guides. However, per-grade single packages comprising a Learners Book and Facilitators Guide of a particular grade may be submitted for assessment. Ghanaian Languages represents all the twelve written languages; publishers may submit for one or more languages as applicable.
7. Only learners books and facilitators guides which have been assessed and listed on the approved titles database of NaCCA will be eligible for use in Ghanaian schools.
8. Suitably qualified school textbook publishers, registered in Ghana, are now invited to download the Submission Guidelines from the NaCCA website (http://nacca.gov.gh). They are also invited to submit suitable textbooks to NaCCA per the requirements established in the Submission Guidelines.
9. All submissions should be accompanied by a submission fee as specified in Appendix 6. Publishers must ensure that they receive an official receipt for all payments made. Submission fees paid are not refundable.
10. Publishers submissions for this Common Core Programme must be made in the form and the number of copies prescribed in the Common Core Programme Submission Guidelines, to the NaCCA Head Office, South Ridge Road, Accra.
11. NaCCA will maintain a register of all submissions received from all submitting publishers.
12. By submitting textbooks to NaCCA for assessment and approval, the publisher explicitly accepts the terms and conditions specified and defined in the Submission Guidelines.
13. The Submission Procedures for Textbook Assessment and Approval for the Common Core Programme comprise the following documents, which are available at http://nacca.gov.gh/?page_id=8636:
- Common Core Programme Submission Guidelines
- Textbook Assessment and Approval Methodology
- Textbook Assessment Summary Mark Sheet and Assessment Criteria
- CCP Curriculum for JHS1–JHS3 (Basic 7–9).
14. All requests for information must be made in writing to the contact address below:
National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NaCCA) Ministry of Education
P.O. Box 77 Accra [email protected]