At the University of North Texas, student use myUNT Portal to find classes and register. You can find classes using the My UNT online class search or by browsing the schedule of classes by the department.
How to Get Started
The University of North Texas – UNT Student Portal enables students to schedule and review class information using My UNT. Before the next semester (Spring or Winter) details for each course section can be found in the search of classes through My UNT. There you will find tabs for details, meeting information, and section notes. This is where you will see specific information on how a course will be taught. For online courses, community courses, instructor communications, and class assignments login UNT Canvas.
4 Easy Steps to Schedule for Classes
- Run a degree audit or see your advisor
- Review any holds you may have on your myUNT Portal
- Use myUNT to find classes and register
- Prepare to pay
How to Login myUNT Portal
The process is simple and convenient. Let go:
- Access UNT Website
- Move to the navigation tab
- Tap on MyUNT
- Enter your login credentials
- Tap on the Sign in button
How to Use myUNT to Register for Classes
Follow these steps to find and register for online classes.
- Go to UNT Student Portal
- Sign in with your EUID and Password
- Use the “Enrollment” tile to access everything you need to add, drop, swap and update course registration.
- The “Enrollment” tile includes your current class schedule, the class search, the Visual Schedule Builder link to search for classes, your shopping cart, drop and swap, and Enrollment dates available for you.
- Use the online MyUNT Enrollment Guide to learn how to add, drop swap, and update your classes.
- When you’ve finished registering, don’t forget to print your schedule and your bill. What if a class I need is closed? Contact the department for your course.
How to Drop Classes
Students cannot drop classes online via my.unt.edu after add/drop is over. After the add/drop period, drop forms must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office.
To drop one or more classes, do this
- Access your UNT dashboard
- Select the Drop Classes option in the left-hand navigation.
- Move to the left-hand navigation menu on a mobile device
- Tap on the blue box with two vertical white lines
- Terms in which you are registered will display, select the term in which you would like to drop a class
- Explore the list of all the courses you are currently enrolled in for that term
- Tick the checkbox next to the class (es) you would like to drop.
- Use the Review and Submit option on the left navigation.
- Tap Drop Classes to confirm
If you are ready to drop, click Yes. Once the class is dropped, you will see a message confirming the class has been dropped.
Mandatory Classes: You will not be allowed to drop a mandatory course, but you can Swap it with another section.
Reviewing Enrollment Transactions
Once you have finished your enrollment transactions; add, drop, swap, or update, you will see all of the changes reflected in your Class Schedule which can be viewed by clicking View My Classes.
In addition, you will likely want to review any tuition and fee changes on your account. To do so, return to the Student Homepage and select the Student Account tile.
UNT Useful Links
Email: [email protected]
UNT TTY: 940-369-8652