Discover the Bowling Green State University – BGSU Student Portal as My BGSU. Students create accounts and login with their credentials to register for courses online and access course materials. Online course content should be available by the first day of classes.
Besides, instructors communicate with students about course activities and post interesting course-related topics via the BGSU Email.
This Quick Guide is for students who want to learn how to Activate BGSU Account. The purpose of this guide is to help students quickly familiarize themselves with the BGSU account, BGSU email, Canvas, OneDrive file storage, and several other University services.
Table of Contents
How to Access the My BGSU Portal
- Visit the Bowling Green State University Website
- Locate MyBGSU on the navigation tab
- Tap to access BGSU Student Portal
- Login with your Username and Password
As a new member of the BGSU community, you will need a BGSU account to gain access to different aspects of campus life, including e-mail. You will need the following on hand to create an account:
- BGSU ID (as seen on your welcome e-mail message or letter, or for graduate students your “next step” email)
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- A mobile device, tablet, or landline to complete the required *Duo Two Factor Authentication enrollment step
To get started, enter the requested information in the area provided. Be certain to complete all requested information. Your BGSU ID consists of a ten-digit number (e.g. 0123456789).
How to Login My BGSU Student Portal
Follow this simple step to login to the Bowling Green State University student portal.
- Access the BGSU Portal
- Enter your Username and Password
- Tap on the Sign in button
How to Prepare Your Schedule
- Go to MyBGSU > Student Center > Classes & Registration
- Tap ‘Class Search’ in the left navigation menu
- Select ‘Term’ (Fall, Spring, Summer, Winter)
- Tap the ‘Continue’ button
- Start the search process by clicking the ‘Search’ button
- On the next screen, you will see many different options to modify and narrow your search. Use this page to find the classes you are interested in. You can also narrow your search based on how the class will be taught, called instruction mode.
- Once you have identified a class you want to enroll in, click the ‘Select’ button and then click the ‘Next’ button. – Doing this adds the course to your shopping cart.
- Repeat this process until all the classes you want to take are selected and in your shopping cart.
Now you are all set until it’s your official time to register for classes.
NB: Placing these classes in your cart does not guarantee your enrollment. There is still a chance a class may fill up by the time it’s your turn to register.
How to Check Your Holds
There are many other reasons why you could have a hold on your account so you must check your holds before your class registration date.
- Login to MyBGSU
- Tap on the ‘Student Center’ card
- Look at the ‘Action Items’ tile
- Tap the ‘Action Items‘ tile
- Select ‘Holds’ on the left-hand navigation to see what type of hold is on your account
Register for Classes
Finalize the shopping cart you prepared before your registration day – If you haven’t built your shopping cart.
Follow the steps in the Prepare Your Class Schedule section on this web page.
- Go to: MyBGSU > Student Center > Classes & Registration > Shopping Cart
- Check the status of your classes. Green Circle = Open | Blue Square = Closed | Yellow Triangle = Waitlisted
- Once you are okay with the classes in your shopping cart, click the ‘Proceed to Step 3‘ button.
- Click the ‘Finish Enrolling’ button
- Check the course ‘Status’ column in the chart. Green Check Mark = Class Scheduled | Red X = Not Scheduled
- Double-check to make sure all of your classes appear on your schedule by clicking the ‘My Class Schedule button.
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, Ohio
Phone: 43403-0001 OR 419-372-2531