MTN Customers who wish to request SIM replacement can now swap their SIM card by following these comprehensive guidelines.
Table of Contents
Why Replace Your SIM Card
Here’s a situation why a customer might need to replace, swap, or upgrade your MTN SIM.
- If it is faulty
- If it is damaged, stolen, or lost
- If it is obsolete (but eligible for replacement or an upgrade) ·
- If it needs to be upgraded to the 4G network
Any other legitimate reason or condition apart from those above
MTN SIM Swap Requirements
Requirements for SIM swap/replacement service at our office:
- Phone Number
- Full Name Used in Registration
- Three Regularly Dialed Numbers
- Last Recharge Amount and Date
- Virtual NIN (mandatory)
The Virtual NIN can be generated via the NIMC mobile app or by dialing *346*3*11-Digit-NIN*109071# on any active MTN line.
A service charge of N20 applies upon dialing the USSD code. The VNIN can only be used once and expires in 72 hours used or not used.
Kindly note the information below for use where applicable;
- Enterprise Name: MTN NIGERIA
- Enterprise Short-ID: 109071
A welcome back SIM costs N400. Any additional amount collected will be credited to your line.
MTN SIM Swap Replacement Portal
Access the MTN SIM swap portal to replace your SIM card online.
- Go to https://www.mtn.ng/personal/find-a-store/ to find a store
- Proceed to complete the registration form
MTN SIM Swap USSD Code
To swap or replace for MTN SIM card in Nigeria, here are the steps to follow;
- Dial *123*7#
- Select option 1
- Enter your State and Local government as requested to get the nearest MTN shop in and around your location.
Find all MTN USSD codes in Nigeria.
MTN Shop Location
You can also check for MTN Shop locations by taking the following steps:
- Log in to myMTN App
- Ensure to turn on your device Location,
- Click ‘Help’
- Select ‘Locate nearest MTN service center’