About MTN SIM Registration Portal
MTN Ghana, as part of the ongoing SIM Registration Exercise, developed the web portal to enhance and speed up the registration process for both voice and data SIM cards.
MTN Ghana is urging all customers who are yet to register their SIM cards to make use of its dedicated MTN SIM Registration Web Portal to expedite the registration process.
- The SIM Registration Web Portal will enable customers to link their Ghana cards to their SIM card(s) before visiting the service center or any authorized agent point for biometric capture.
- The portal provides customers with a web version of the USSD process (*404#) for the linking of customers’ Ghana Card to their SIM Card(s).
- The portal allows customers to also link their Data-Only SIM card(s) to their Ghana card without having to remove their SIM Card(s) from their devices.
- The portal links SIM cards in routers, MIFIs, TurboNets, security cameras, tracking devices, and other non-mobile phone devices.
- The web portal is also a channel for customers with Know Your Customer (KYC)issues such as name mismatch to be able to upload images of their proof of ownership documents to establish their identity and ownership of SIM card(s).
- Individual and corporate post-paid lines can also use the portal to link their SIM Card(s) to the Ghana Card.
How to Access the MTN Online SIM Registration Portal
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to access and register your MTN SIM card by yourself online.
- Visit the MTN Website
- Tap on Personal on the navigation tab
- Select SIM Registration from the drop-down menu
Well done!!! You have now access to the SIM Registration Portal. Great! Now let’s find out how to link your SIM Card to Ghana Card Online.
How to Link your MTN SIM Card to Ghana Card Online
Check out this comprehensive guide on how to link your MTN SIM Card to your Ghana Card online as well as check your registration status.
- Explore https://simregistrationportal.mtn.com.gh
- Tick the Check Box to agree to MTN T&C
- Tap on the Proceed button
NB: To ensure that you are the rightful owner of the MTN SIM card you are trying to register
- Tap Yes, I Am
- Enter the MTN Number you want to register or check the unique code for [registration status]
- Tap Next to proceed
- Confirm if you can read OTP received via phone
- Tap Yes, Verify OTP
- Enter the PIN that has been sent via SMS
- Tap confirm the OTP
- Fill in the form (all fields required*)
- Proceed to link your SIM Card
SIM Card Registration Deadline
- The SIM registration exercise is ending on September 30, and all customers are expected to register by the deadline.