GES Study Leave with Pay for 2022 Academic Year
The Ghana Education Service (GES) wishes to bring to the notice of its eligible employees the approved subject areas and the conditions for the grant of study leave with pay for the 2022 academic year.
Qualification for Study Leave with Pay 2022/2023
For any member of the Ghana Education Service (GES) to benefit from the above-mentioned content, he or she must be eligible by satisfying the following requirements;
- Applicant must serve three (3) years after completing College of Education
- GES staff who served two years in a deprived district/school is eligible.
- The qualified applicant must pursue an approved course as determined by the Director-General of the Ghana Education Service.
- Staff pursuing second and third degrees do not qualify for study with pay but could pursue sandwich or distance programmes.
- Teachers who have attained the GES ranks of Principal Superintendent through sandwich and Distance courses do not qualify for study leave with pay.
- GES staff who are fifty-five years and above do not qualify for study leave with pay.
The Effects of Study Leave without Pay
- Loss of salary and SSNIT contribution
- Denial of outright posting after the course.
- Challenges of re-engagement, especially through replacement where a staff number is required. TOR (HRM)
- Denial of GES promotions while in school.
- Years in school are not counted as years of service
GES Study Leave With Pay Required Documents
- GES 1st Appointment Letter
- Admission Letter
- Current GOG E-Payslip
- Personal Record Form
- Last Promotion Letter (if any)
- Bond form
- Passport picture
- Personal file
Eligible applicants are to obtain the study leave with pay forms at the Registry.
NB: Two (2) copies of monitoring forms will be collected at the end of the first semester. The district-approved lists will be sent to District Study Leave with Pay Coordinators with dates of collection by each district.
List of approved subjects to attract GES Study Leave With Pay for 2022
|11||Guidance and Counselling|
|13||Religious Studies (CRS)|
|15||Visual Arts (GKA, Creative Art, Sculpture)|
|16||Vocational Education (Clothing & Textiles, Hospitality Management, Catering, Fashion & Design, Management in Living, Food and Nutrition, and Home Economics|
|17||Technical Courses (Tech Drawing, Electronics, Applied Electricity, Refrigeration, Welding, Metal Work, Building Construction, Auto Mechanic, Auto Works Draughtmanship, Creative Arts, Graphic Design)|
How to Apply for University Admission
- How can I visit this website for new updates? Join our Telegram Channel or Bookmark this website on your device.
Ministry Branch Post Office
P.O Box M. 45