Did you know the process of linking Ghana card to bank account has no deadline? The Head of Financial Stability at the Bank of Ghana, Dr. Joseph France, says commencing July 1, all persons who have failed to link their Ghana cards to their bank accounts will be unable to withdraw funds from their bank accounts.
According to him, unlinked accounts will, however, be able to receive deposits till such a time when the owner finally links their Ghana card details to the account.
He noted that the process of linking Ghana cards to bank accounts has no expiry date (deadline) and clients only have to go to their banking centers to have their Ghana card details and biometric data collected. The linkage of Ghana cards to bank accounts is a government initiative to weed out fraudsters from the banking sector.
Meanwhile, The Economic and Organized Crime Office (EOCO) has noticed with great concern the rate at which some members of the general public have fallen victims to fraudulent banking transactions.
Fraudulent messages are sent to individuals requesting them to click on links to update their bank records. Customers are then required to provide the following details:
- Bank Account numbers
- Mobile Numbers
- Mobile App PIN
- One Time Password (OTP)
Some daring fraudsters even make phone calls to members of the public to request the aforementioned information.
The general public is therefore advised on the following:
- Do not tap on any Link purporting to be emanating from your bank unless you have confirmed from your Bank
- Kindly be informed that your Bank will never ask you for your PASSWORD, PIN, or OTP.
- Quickly Report any suspicious SMS, email, or Phone Call to your Bank for immediate action.
Did You Know
- Ghana Card will be the only acceptable National Identity Card (ID) for all your financial transactions in Ghana?
- A standing order or transfer from your savings account into your investment account does not attract e-levy provided both accounts are linked with your Ghana Card?
- When you register for GhanaPay Mobile Money Wallet you can send and receive money for FREE using the Ghana Pay App. Only these E-levy Charges Apply?
Cheers!! We got you covered. Get your Ghana Card Online and follow this simple (but complete) step-by-step guide to link your account to your Ghana card. Besides, you can update your records at any of the branches closer to you.