Have you linked your Ghana Card with your Ecobank Account? Follow these simple steps to get started online. Ghana Card will be the only form of identification that will be accepted for any Bank transaction. Get your Ghana Card and update your bank records at any of the Ecobank branches.
Starting 1st July 2022 the Ghana Card will be the only acceptable form of ID for all financial transactions. Get your Ghana Card and merge it with your Ecobank Account. But, have you merged your Ghana Card with SSNIT already?
Table of Contents
Use of Ghana Card for all Financial Transactions
To update your bank records and transact bank business. The Ghana Card shall be the only identification card that will be used to undertake transactions at all Bank of Ghana licensed and regulated financial institutions including:
- Specialized Deposit-Taking Institutions;
- Non-Deposit-Taking Financial Institutions;
- Payment Service Providers and Dedicated Electronic Money Issuers;
- Forex Bureaus and Credit Reference Bureaus.
In line with this Notice, Section 30 of the Anti-Money Laundering Act, 2020 (Act 1044) and Regulation 12 of the Anti-Money Laundering Regulations, 2011 (L.I. 1987), all financial institutions shall take steps to update customer records with the Ghana Card.
Customers of Bank of Ghana regulated financial institutions are therefore advised to update their records with their respective financial institutions with the Ghana Card in line with this Notice.
How to Link your Ghana Card with your Ecobank Account
To link your Ghana Card Account with your Ecobank Account, follow the steps to complete the online form;
- Access Ecobank Ghana Card Update Portal
- Complete the form with the following details
- Account Number
- Account Name
- Ghana Card Number
- Mobile Number
- Email Address
- An SMS will be sent via Email or Phone Number
- Upload front and back photos of your Ghana Card
- Take a Passport Photo size selfie
- Tap on the Submit button to submit the completed form.
Congratulations!!! You have successfully linked your Ghana Card to your Ecobank Account. Link other banks
NB: Image format should be PNG, JPEG only. Maximum file size 5MB.
Merge your Ghana Card with Ecobank
- Explore the direct URL via https://myghanacardupdate.ecobank.com/portal/
Did you know you can now send and receive Mobile Money for FREE? Enjoy an all-in-one banking and mobile money service on the Ghana Pay Mobile Wallet App.
Register for GhanaPay! Remember to select your preferred bank at the point of registration.
+233 302 213 999 Toll-Free 0800003225 (MTN or AirtelTigo only) or 080030000 (Vodafone only)
Email: [email protected]