The Kenya Universities And Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) Portal is now open to receive an online Inter-Institution transfer application from interested applicants.
Table of Contents
KUCCPS Online Inter-Institution Transfer Application Guide for Institutions
- The student (applicant) shall Login KUCCPS Transfer Portal and complete a transfer application form.
- Upon completion, the request shall be forwarded to the receiving institution for endorsement.
- The receiving institution shall endorse the transfer applications received through their institution portal and submit them. The endorsement shall be done by the Head of the institution or an officer delegated to endorse on behalf of the Head of the institution.
The receiving institution shall consider an application guided by the available capacity, minimum entry requirements, and cut-off Points, and:
- If accepted, the application will be forwarded to the releasing institution for consideration and endorsement.
- If rejected, the rejected transfer request will revert to the applicant with comments from the receiving institution.
- The institution will have seven (7) days to endorse the transfer application, failure to which the application will revert to the applicant.
The Head of the current institution shall either accept or reject the request to clear the applicant for transfer taking into account any obligations owed to the institution by the applicant, and:
- If cleared, the request is forwarded to the Placement Service for review and final approval.
- If not cleared, the application reverts to the student with the reason provided for follow-up or appeal to the Placement Service.
The current institution shall have seven (7) days to endorse the transfer application, failure to which the application shall revert to KUCCPS for action.
Thereafter, the KUCCPS CEO shall review the application, and:
- If the application is approved, the inter-institution transfer letter will be generated automatically for download by the applicant and both the receiving and the releasing institutions through their respective portals.
- If the application is not approved, the applicant will receive a notification with the reason for rejection.
Thereafter, the applicant shall download the approved transfer letter and present it to the receiving institution for admission and joining instructions.
NB: An inter-institution transfer shall only be valid after approval by KUCCPS.
KUCCPS Online Inter-Institution Transfer Application Guide for Students
Here’s how to complete your KUCCPS Online Inter-Institution Transfer Application. let’s get started:
- Explore students.kuccps.net
- Login with your credentials
- Tap on the “Transfers” menu on the dashboard once you have successfully logged in.
- Tap on the “Online Transfers“ icon
- Enter the code of the programme that you wish to transfer to.
- Attach the evidence and reason(s) for which you wish to seek the transfer
- Once the reason and evidence for the transfer have been uploaded, make a payment of Kshs. 1,000 (one thousand) through MPESA Paybill Number 820201. The account number will be your KCSE year followed by the Index Number (e.g., 2021xxxxxxxxxxx).
- Continue checking the progress of your application for transfer through the KUCCPS Student Portal.
- Once the transfer request has been approved by KUCCPS, download and print the transfer letter and submit one copy to the institution you are transferring to so that they can issue the admission letter and other joining instructions.
- If the receiving institution declines to endorse the KUCCPS transfer application, the student will be notified through their portal and advised to try a different programme in either the same institution or a different one.
How To Make Payment for KUCCPS Application Transfer Fee
Follow the steps below to make payment for the KUCCPS transfer application via Mpesa. How to Pay Using M-PESA
- Go to Lipa na M-PESA Menu
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter Business Number (e.g 820201)
- For the Account Number
- Enter your KCSE Year and KCSE Index Number (e.g 202143720234002)
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send
KUCCPS Contact Details
ACK Garden Hse.,
1st Ngong Avenue, Community
P.O. Box 105166–00101 Nairobi
Tel: 020 5137400, 0723 954 927