Discover the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board Central Admissions Processing System known as JAMB CAPS Portal via www.jamb.gov.ng and login with your credentials to check your University admission list status online.
The list of admitted applicants has been uploaded online via JAMB CAPS Admission Status Checker Portal. Here are the steps students need to follow to check your admission status online.
Table of Contents
About the JAMB CAPS Admission Status Portal
JAMB is an acronym for Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board and CAPS is for Central Admissions Processing System. Hence, the full abbreviation JAMB CAPS is Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board Central Admissions Processing System.
The JAMB CAPS Portal is an online gateway for University applicants in Nigeria to monitor their admission status and easily know when they have been offered admission. Once a candidate has been offered admission to JAMB CAPS, such a candidate is required to do either of two things; to accept the admission or to reject it.
Most Universities do not publish the list of admitted aspirants on their admission portal or notice board. Hence, applicants who applied to study at such University need to regularly check admission status on JAMB CAPS.
How to Access the JAMP CAPS
Let’s get started;
- Discover the JAMB Website
- Move to the navigation tab
- Tap on CAPS (Candidates) Efacility
- Login with your credentials to access the dashboard
How to Check the Admission Status on JAMB CAPS Portal
Here’s how to access and login to your JAMP CAPS dashboard to check your admission status.
- Access JAMB CAPS Admission List Status Checker Portal
- Enter your Registered Email Address and Password
- Tap on the Login button
- Navigate to the “Check Admission Status” tab
- Tap on “Access my CAPS”
- Tap on “Admission Status” to see if you have been offered admission
Candidates who have been offered admission are to proceed:
- Tap on “ACCEPT” or “REJECT” to indicate acceptance or rejection of the admission offer
Candidates who have been admitted will get a response with their Photo Image being displayed and a text congratulating them on your admission offer, besides, candidates who are yet to be offered admission will get a text response with “Sorry No Admission has been Given Yet”. If you have been offered admission, you can proceed to ACCEPT OR REJECT ADMISSION.
Candidates are advised to ensure that they indicate the acceptance or rejection of admission online and timely to enable the processing of their admission.
It is important to note that candidates who have been offered admission are to print their admission letter after accepting the admission, as they will likely need this during clearance and registration in the school where they have been admitted.
Reset JAMB Forgot Password
To manage your account and reset your JAMB CAPS forgot password;
- Use this Portal
- Provide your email address
- Tap the Password Reset button
After checking your admission status. Here are the final steps to follow:
- Accept the offer
- Print JAMB Admission Letter and Original JAMB Result
- Visit the University Admission Portal to Accept Admission
- Print School Admission Letters
- Go for screening and documentation
- Pay your Admission Fees
- Registration for your Semester Courses on the University Students Portal
Applicants who have not been admitted should access JAMB IBASS Eligibility Checker Portal to select a course/programme based on their results.