Learn how to receive your South African Social Security Agency, SASSA r350 grant payment and withdraw grants without your card if your gold card is expired or lost.
If you are a SASSA Gold Card holder whose card has expired or been lost, this is how you will get your grant: Grant withdrawal process for expired SASSA/Postbank Gold Card beneficiaries.
Postbank Introduces a New Way to Pay SASSA Social Grants without a Card
Postbank has launched a new method of paying SASSA grants that doesn’t require a physical card. This means that beneficiaries whose SASSA/Postbank Gold Cards have expired or haven’t been collected can still receive their grants safely and for free at participating retailers like Shoprite, Usave, Boxer, Pick n Pay, and OK.
Grants recipients whose SASSA cards have expired, or are soon to expire, no longer need to go to Post Office branches to collect new cards as they are paid their social grants.
To use this new payment method, SASSA beneficiaries just need to bring their ID documents and SASSA/Postbank Gold Card PIN to any of the participating retailers. At the till point, they will be asked to validate their identity and enter their cellphone number, and then enter their PIN to receive their payment. The process is fast, free, and safe, and beneficiaries can get assistance from cashiers if needed.
To receive your SASSA grant without a card, follow these simple steps at any Shoprite, Usave, Pick n Pay, Boxer, or OK supermarket:
- Bring your cellphone, ID document, and SASSA/Postbank Gold Card PIN
- Go to the till-point and provide your ID and cellphone number to verify your identity as a registered grant beneficiary
- You’ll receive a confirmation message on your phone (you don’t need to have airtime)
- Enter your SASSA/Gold Card PIN (the same one used for ATM withdrawals)
- The cashier will give you the requested amount of money.
This new payment method will be available to those who haven’t yet collected their new cards due to the expiry of their SASSA Gold Cards, or those that simply want to collect their grants without their cards.
Postbank’s cardless grants payment method will also help reduce the queues for card replacements at Post Office branches as there is no longer the need to collect cards to be paid. SASSA beneficiaries collecting their social grants money through Post Office branches or physical cash payment points whose SASSA/Postbank Gold Cards have expired, or are soon to expire, will be able to be paid inside branches or the physical cash payment points sites via biometric verification.
Postbank is pleased with this new payment method and will continue to work with SASSA to improve the social grants payments, including SASSA/Postbank Gold Cards replacement process future plans.
There is also no need for SASSA grant recipients to switch their payments method from the SASSA Gold Cards. Simply do not switch your SASSA from your SASSA Gold Cards because they are a tailored product that Postbank designed to protect beneficiaries’ interests and save them charges.
Grants recipients using the SASSA Gold Cards receive three (3) free retail transactions.
Withdraw SASSA r350 Grant with Card
Worried about how you will get your next SASSA grant? Follow the step-by-step guide to withdraw SASSA Grant with Card.
- Take your cellphone device, ID number, and SASSA/Postbank Gold Card PIN
- Go to any of these retailers:
- Pick n Pay
- At the retailer, you will be asked to capture your ID number and cellphone number to validate that you are the actual beneficiary or grant owner
- A confirmation message (USSD) will be sent to the phone number you would have captured
- You will be asked to punch in your PIN (the same PIN you use to withdraw at ATMs)
- The cashier will then give you your money