Mobile Money Transfer (Momo) is a worldwide Technology service that allows you to send and receive money through your mobile network provider. With this service, people make mistakes by sending money to the wrong persons so here we are with how to reverse your mobile money transfer after any mistakes.
You can also connect your mobile money account to your bank account service by following certain rules and regulations that will prevent you from fraudulent people.
How to Reverse An MTN Mobile Money Transfer
I know you have been asking these questions for a very long time. Here are various ways you can reverse your mobile money transaction after mistakenly sending it to the wrong person.
Reporting To MTN Ghana Customer Care
- Call 100 within the first 15 days from the day you made the wrong transaction.
- Select your preferred language. Select Mobile Money.
- Select Wrongful Mobile Cash Transactions.
- Select Speak to an Agent.
- Explain your situation to the agent who picks up your call.
- Mention the correct account to which you intended to send cash.
- Mention the account to which you mistakenly sent the money to.
- State the exact amount of money involved.
So after the above action is taken, MTN (Network Provider) starts doing an Investigation by contacting the person (wrong receive) within 15 days. After investigation and it confirms that the money was sent mistakenly, the amount is credited back your account.
You use this method at your own risk. That is when you think MTN Investigation takes too long. For the method, you will need to contact the person you mistakenly transferred the money to. Will need to be able to convince the person when using this method. To successfully use this method follow the steps below;
- Fill in the number you wrongly transferred the cash to in your MoMo transaction message.
- Call the person and tell them the exact amount you sent to them and the account you intended to send it to.
- Ensure you are speaking calmly.
- Do not shout or show rudeness to the receiver to avoid raising suspicions of fraud.
- Remember you do not have an official mediator.
- Politely request them to check their mobile money account to confirm they received your money. Once they confirm that the cash is there, request them to reverse it.
- You can even offer them a tip from the total amount as an appreciation.
- If you convince the receiver, they can reverse your money.
- Note that this is not mandatory on their end.
Visiting The Nearest MTN Ghana Office
You visiting the nearest mtn Office Is another alternative. Follow these steps;
- Visit the nearest MTN mobile money agent. Ensure you report the matter within 30 days of the incident.
- Give the exact figure you wrongfully transacted and the number of the wrong recipient.
- Allow time for the claim to be investigated and established.
- Approval of the claim will result in your cash reversal being initiated. This process takes up to 15 days from the day your report
- Confirm a successful mobile money reversal once you get your cashback.
How to reverse MTN airtime transfer
You can also reverse airtime to as well. Here are the steps;
- Dial the MTN money reversal code, i.e., *170#
- Reply with 7 to access your mobile money wallet
- Select option 5 for airtime reversal put the amount of transaction to be reversed
- Then enter 1 to initiate the process
- You will receive a confirmation SMS when the process is successful