Find out how to register and practice nursing in Zambia. Check here all requirements, fees, mode of payment and guidelines by Nursing and Midwifery Council of Zambia (NMCZ).
Registration of Newly Qualified Nurses and Midwives Intending to Practice in Zambia
Nursing and Midwifery applicant who is unable to attend registration on the scheduled dates or who wishes to register earlier than the set dates must make an application in writing to the Registrar prior to commencement of registration to avoid disrupting the registration schedule and incurring penalties for late registration.
How to Get Started
- All applicants must ensure that their Grade 12 Certificates are verified by the Examinations Council of Zambia (ECZ) or Zambia Qualifications Authority (ZAQA) prior to their scheduled registration date. Statement of Results will not be accepted.
- Late registration attracts payment of a penalty of Five Hundred Kwacha (K500.00).
- It is a criminal offence for any person to practice as a nurse or midwife without being registered by NMCZ and is punishable upon conviction, to a fine not exceeding five hundred thousand penalty units (K150,000.00) or to imprisonment for a period not exceeding five years, or to both.
Learn About: How to Renew NMCZ Practicing Certificate in Zambia
How to Register for NMCZ
To register and practice nursing in Zambia, prospective applicants are therefore advised to obtain the registration schedule which contains information on the registration requirements, fees, and modes of payment via the NMCZ Online Services Portal.
- Access NMCZ registration requirements, fees, and modes of payment
- Download the NMCZ Online Application Form
NMCZ Schedules and Deadlines
The Nursing and Midwifery Council of Zambia (NMCZ) invites all candidates who successfully attempted the AUGUST, 2022 LICENSURE EXAMINATIONS to register their qualifications with NMCZ. Registration is scheduled to commence on MONDAY 21ST TO FRIDAY 25TH NOVEMBER, 2022, and will be conducted physically at the NMCZ Lusaka offices only.