Do you know how to do KUCCPS inter-institutions (transfer from one institution to another) via the Student Portal? Find out how to get started online. The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) has released placement results, for students who wish to change their institutions (Universities and Colleges) can do so.
KUCCPS Application Transfer
Before commencing the transfer application, please read these instructions carefully:
- For one to be eligible for transfer, the Placement Service must have placed the applicant in the programme one is seeking a transfer from
- One will only be able to apply to transfer to a course whose minimum requirements one meets.
- Applicants to degree programmes must meet the applicable cut-off point for their respective placement year
- The programme applied to must have been on offer in the year the applicant was placed
- An applicant may only apply to transfer to one programme
- An applicant shall only transfer once for the duration of the programme placed
- The applicant may view the available programmes and their requirements by clicking the Programmes tab above and can search for courses by institution, using the Institutions tab above.
- Once the applicant has settled on a preferred programme, only the 7-Character Programme Code will be required
- An application processing fee of Ksh 1,000 is charged per application
- A prompt for the M-PESA transaction code will appear at the point of submission. Please keep the transaction code safely as it may be required again
- Once one has made a transfer application, the applicant may monitor the progress of their application via the student’s portal
CAUTION!! Do not make any payment before the applicant has been prompted or after the application deadline has passed.
How to Login KUCCPS Inter-Institution Transfer Portal
To apply, login KUCCPS Student Portal, use the transfer applications tab and follow the instructions provided. Here is a highlight of the steps to follow:
- Access Student Portal URL: https://students.kuccps.net
- Navigate to the Transfer Application tab
- Enter your Username and Password
- Tap on ‘Transfers’ from the main menu followed by ‘Transfer Applications’
- Enter the 7- character programme code for the course you want to transfer to in the box labelled, ‘TRANSFER PROGRAMME’
- Press Enter/ Ok and the system will check if you meet the cluster requirements for that programme
If successful, you will be allowed to proceed to the other steps; as listed below
- Transfer Application Details
- Reasons for Transfer
- Transfer Fee Payment
- Endorsement by the Receiving Institution
- Endorsement by the Releasing Institution
How do you get your Admission Letter?
Find the simple (but complete) step-by-step guide on how to access all the universities in Kenya’s student portal to check and download KUCCPS Admission Letter.