Find out how to link your Ghana Card with your Bank Account. Ghana Card will be the only form of identification that will be accepted for any Bank transaction. Get your Ghana Card and update your bank records at any of your bank branches before 1st July.
Starting 1st July 2022 the Ghana Card will be the only acceptable form of ID for all financial transactions. Get your Ghana Card and update your bank records at any of your bank branches.
Table of Contents
Use of Ghana Card for All Financial Transactions
The Ghana Card shall be the only identification card that will be used to undertake transactions at all Bank of Ghana licensed and regulated financial institutions including:
- Specialized Deposit-Taking Institutions;
- Non-Deposit-Taking Financial Institutions;
- Payment Service Providers and Dedicated Electronic Money Issuers;
- Forex Bureaus and Credit Reference Bureaus.
In line with this Notice, Section 30 of the Anti-Money Laundering Act, 2020 (Act 1044) and Regulation 12 of the Anti-Money Laundering Regulations, 2011 (L.I. 1987), all financial institutions shall take steps to update customer records with the Ghana Card.
Customers of Bank of Ghana regulated financial institutions are therefore advised to update their records with their respective financial institutions with the Ghana Card in line with this Notice.
How to Link your Ghana Card with Bank Account
To link your Ghana Card to your GCB Bank Account. Here is the step to follow:
- Explore https://epay.gcbltd.com:200/
- Tap Link My Card
- Enter Your Account Number
- Tap Continue
- Select Applicable Account Details
- An OTP (6-digit code) SMS will be sent via Email or Phone Number
- Enter the OTP
- Tap Continue to Verify Ghana Card
- Enter the Personal ID Number on Your Ghana Card
- Tap Start Camera
- Take Passport Photo
- Proceed to Complete Registration
Enjoy an all-in-one banking and mobile money service on the Ghana Pay Mobile Money Wallet platform.
Register for Ghana Pay! Remember to select your Bank as your preferred bank at the point of registration
Recommended Image Format
- The image should be a passport-sized photo
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- No wearing of glasses
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo
- The image should be of a good quality
Contact GCB Bank PLC
Toll Free: 0800422422