Learn more on Spotify Premium, where subscribers may listen to the streaming service’s extensive catalog without connecting to the internet. Here’s how to save albums, playlists, and podcasts to listen to later.
Spotify and other music-streaming services offer millions of songs at your fingertips—as long as you have an internet connection. Download those tracks to your smartphone for offline listening if you need to save data or listen to a playlist on a plane or during a commute with plenty of dead zones.
Spotify Premium subscribers may download up to 10,000 songs on a maximum of five devices. Spotify’s free, ad-supported tier lets you download podcasts on your phone or tablet.
Table of Contents
Create your Account
The instructions on how to create a Spotify account are outlined further down the page.
- Access the Spotify App
- Just choose SIGN UP from the login screen in the app.
- You can use your email address, phone number, or Facebook or Apple accounts.
- More sign-up details are optional, such as gender, date of birth, and what we should call you (your display name).
How to Download Music From Spotify on Mobile
Detailed instructions on how to download music from Spotify to your mobile device are provided below.
- The interface is primarily the same on Android and iOS.
- Find the album or playlist you want to download and tap the downward-facing arrow on the top left.
- A downward-facing arrow will appear underneath each song in the album; they’ll turn green as the download completes.
- When you’re offline and want to listen, tap Your Library. Up top, tap playlists or albums.
- Tap Downloaded to see those saved to your device and available to listen to offline.
- If you know you’ll be offline for a while, like on a plane, activate Offline Mode, which will show you only the content you have downloaded.
- On Android, tap Home and the gear icon on the top right, then toggle Offline mode to on.
- On iOS, tap Home > [gear icon] > Playback > Offline.
The Right Premium Plan For You
- Students get 50% off Premium for up to 4 years.
- Comes with access to Hulu’s ad-supported plan and SHOWTIME at no extra cost.
- 2 people living together each get their Premium account for 1 discount.
- 6 people living together each get their Premium account for 1 discount.
Premium Family comes with:
- Spotify Kids – an app packed with singalongs, soundtracks, and playlists made just for kids.
- Explicit filter – the plan’s manager can choose if members get explicit content.
Note: Renew every 12 months (up to 3 times). Price varies between countries.