Find out how to download and print your improved National Identity Number (NIN) slip online via shortcode (USSD), MWS Mobile ID App, or myportal.nimc.gov.ng using your phone. Here’s a comprehensive guide on how to get started.
Table of Contents
2 Easy Ways to Download and Print NIN Slip
There are 2 easy ways to download and print your NIN slip online
- MWS Mobile ID App
- NIMC Portal
It’s now made easy, Nigerians can print out and even laminate your Improved NIN Slip in plastic now and keep it as a handy physical means of identification that fits easily into your pocket, purse, or wallet.
The QR code on the Slip makes it easy for its authenticity to be verified by other people scanning it using the NIMC MWS Mobile ID app on their phones.
How to Download and Print NIN Slip Via MWS Mobile ID App
To get started, Make sure you have the current version of the app installed or updated on your mobile device. You’ll need your NIN also when installing NIMC’s MWS Mobile ID app. Here’s how to do it;
- Download MWS Mobile ID App
- Launch the MWS Mobile ID App installed on your device (Android or iOS)
- Enter your PIN on the lock screen to continue
- Select the “PRINT NIN SLIP” button on the “Home” screen
- A login form with your “USERID” and “OTP” automatically populated is displayed
- Tap on the “Login” button to continue
- You will now be successfully logged into the portal linked to your Mobile ID app.
Types of NIN Slip
There are two types of NIN Slip – Premium and Standard – which you can access from your dashboard.
How to Download and Print Premium NIN Slip
To get your Premium NIN Slip online, let go:
- Launch MWS Mobile App
- Tap on the “PRINT PREMIUM NIN SLIP” button
- Tap the “Pay With Remita” button
- Pay With Remita button for Printing Premium NIN Slip
How to Download and Print Standard NIN Slip
To get your Standard NIN Slip, here’s how to do it:
- Launch MWS Mobile App
- Tap on the hamburger icon on the top left corner of the screen
- Select “Print Standard NIN Slip” from the menu options
- Tap the “Pay With Remita” button to continue.
- Pay With Remita button for Printing Standard NIN Slip
- Tap on the “Pay…” button for the selected choice of slip to continue. It is recommended you use the “card” payment option.
- Do not cancel or exit the app immediately after making payment, wait for the REMITA process to run to an end by showing this screen indicating a successful, complete transaction
- After getting to the successful payment notification screen, tap on the download button to download your NIN slip
- The NIN slip download process will be initiated.
For iOS users, you will be asked to choose a location to save the pdf file. Select the “Save to files” option in the next widget that pops up. Tap on the “Files” icon in the apps section on your mobile device and your PDF NIN slip should be there.
For Android users, simply check your “Download” folder to find the saved PDF NIN slip
How to Download and Print NIN Slip Via NIMC Portal
First, make sure you have already enrolled and obtained your National Identification Number (NIN).
Here’s how to access your NIN slip using your phone:
- Go to the https://myportal.nimc.gov.ng or https://dashboard.nimc.gov.ng online portal.
- Dial the USSD code *346*2* + Your NIN# on any other mobile phone
- Receive your UserID and OTP via SMS
- Login NIMC Web Portal with your UserID and Mobile OTP
- Select the Type of NIN Slip (“Print Premium Slip” or “Print Standard Slip”) from the dashboard
- Make the relevant payment
- Download the front and rear parts of your Slip as a PDF document.
You can now print out the PDF document, cut it to the right size, fold it and laminate your Improved NIN Slip if you like.
NB: Take care not to leave copies (photocopies, image scans, and so on) of your Improved NIN Slips with anyone else otherwise you leave them with copies of your NIN and verification QR code as well.
“UserID does not Exist” Error Message Resolution
If you get an error message that says “UserID does not exist” when you try to log into the portal, you can resolve the problem by following the steps below:
- Log into your NIMC MWS Mobile ID app and go to the “Settings” menu.
- Tap on the “Wipe Mobile ID Data” option.
- You will be requested to input your NIN again.
- Log into your MWS Mobile ID app once more.
- Go to the “SECURITY PIN” button and tap on it, you will find your UserID and OTP to log into the portal displayed
For enquires or support contact [email protected]