Discover the Zimbabwe School Examinations Council, ZIMSEC Portal and learn how candidates login to create an account for registration, check Ordinary Level (O Level) Examination results, and access their certificates online.
Table of Contents
ZIMSEC O Level Results
ZIMSEC Candidate Account Registration Login
To login, candidates need to create an account to gain access to the system
- Access the ZIMSEC Login Portal
- Move to the navigation tab
- Tap on Candidate Login on the home screen in the top right corner
- Tap on Register New User (NB: Make sure to select MONTH as Session and GRADE as level as highlighted above.)
- Enter the six-digit Centre Number
- Enter the four-digit Candidate Number
- Choose a session from the drop-down list, either June or November
- Choose the level from the drop-down list, either O’ Level or A level
- Enter the Year you sat for the exam
- Enter your Candidate Name as it appears on the statement of entry.
If the name typed differs in any way from the one on the statement of entry, the account will not be created
- Enter your date of birth, using the dd/mm/yyyy format
- Enter a username that you would like to use for logging in to the application
- Enter a password that comprises a capital letter, digits, and non-alphabetic characters. (For example Zimsec123! Would be a valid password).
- Reenter the password in the confirm password text box.
- Enter the security phrase of your choice, for example, I am Jonathan, take note of the spaces within your security phrase as these spaces are also considered characters
- Tap on the register button
- If account registration is successful, the application will redirect to the login screen.
- If there are any errors, the application will display the errors on the screen.
Important: Two people cannot create two (2) separate accounts for the same candidate. Once registration into the portal is done, those credentials are the only ones that can access the results. Any attempt to breach will cause the account to be blocked.
The candidate needs to remember their Security Phrase and Username in case they lose their password.
How to Check ZIMSE O Level Results Online
Here’s a simple step to access your Ordinary O Level Results Online.
- Access www.zimsec.co.zw Web Portal
- Navigate to View Results
- Select your Region
- Enter Your Details
- Proceed to Verify Your Results
Reset your ZIMSEC Portal Password
To change your ZIMSEC password here’s what to do
- Tap on forgot password
- Fill in the portal with the following details
- Current password in the field Old Password
- New password
- Retype the new password on Confirm Password
- Tap on the Reset button to effect the change
ZIMSEC Grades and Meaning
Ordinary, O-Level Grades A, B, or C denote that the candidate has reached the GCE standard. Grades D or E denotes a lower level of attainment, but of sufficient standard to be recorded.
The grade in each complete syllabus taken is shown by one of the letters A to U.
|ZIMSEC Grade Keys
|UNGRADED indicates a standard below that required for Grade E
|ABSENT denotes that a candidate was absent in any one or all constituent papers
|NO RESULT denotes some missing information about the subject
|RESULT WITHHELD in the case of suspected malpractice indicates that a result cannot be issued at present, but will follow after investigations have been conducted. The center will be informed of the outcome.
|RESULT CANCELLED indicates that as a result of a breach of examinations regulations, ZIMSEC has to issue a result
ZIMSEC Contact Details
Toll-free line: 08080147 using an econet number
Helpdesk landline: (0242) 304118.