Explore the Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) website via www.uneb.ac.ug and learn more on how to check Primary Leaving Examination (PLE) results online, by phone, or by SMS.
Table of Contents
About Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB)
Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) is responsible for conducting school examinations and any other examinations on behave of the Ministry of Education and Sports Uganda and issuing certificates after the final results are released.
The Board currently runs the following Internal Examinations:
- Primary Leaving Examination (PLE)
- Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE)
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE – Advanced level)
Results will be uploaded on the examination centre Portals. Each school can therefore download its results as soon as they are officially released.
However, the District, Municipal and City Inspectors of Schools may collect hard copies of the results from UNEB offices at Ntinda.
Parents, candidates, and other interested parties may use the Short Message Services (SMS) on mobile networks which will post the results of candidates on their mobile sets instantly. Access Uganda School Calendar.
Ways to Access your UNEB PLE Results
There are many ways to get the Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) Primary Leaving Examination (PLE). Once PLE results have been released candidates/parents can collect the results in the following ways.
- Visit your former School
- Candidates can access their UNEB PLE results through the USSD (SMS technology) Code.
- Online via Uganda National Examinations Board – UNEB Portal
Check PLE Result via SMS Code
To access results through SMS, please do the following:
- Send an SMS Code with your: Exam Type + Candidates Index Number
- Include a space between the word “PLE” and your Index Number, a space between the Exam Type and Candidate Index Number
You will be able to access your examination results on a mobile phone as soon as they are released by sending a well-formatted SMS as follows: Type “PLE”, leave a space, then type your index number and send to 6600 on networks as will be specified by the Board at the time of the release of results.
There should be no spaces in the index number. For example, PLE 000123/001.
Check UNEB PLE Results Using SMS Code
To access your Primary Leaving Examination (PLE) results via mobile SMS code. Follow the instructions below to send an SMS.
The candidate must enter the following parameters in the stipulated sequence.
- Go to Compose New Message
- Input your Exam Type (PLE) <space> Index Number (e.g PLE 000123/001)
- Send your Message to 6600
- Candidates will receive his/her examination results via SMS. Charges T&Cs apply.
Important: Do not send CALL BACKS or reply to this SMS as you will not get any response. See how to check UCE UNEB Results.
UENB Website URL: https://uneb.ac.ug/