Find out the latest news today on Student Loan Trust Fund (SLTF) 2021/2022 in Ghana. Here is the easiest and convenience to create an account and apply for a quick loan. Besides, you can also access both summary and detailed loan statements on your dashboard as well as repayment of loan via VISA/Mastercard or Mobile Money shortcode (*737*206#).
About Students Loan Trust Fund (SLTF)
The Students Loan Trust Fund is a public institution established under the Trustee Incorporation Act 1962, Act 106 to provide financial resources for the benefit of students and to promote and facilitate the national ideals as enshrined in Articles 25 and 38 of the 1992 Constitution. It is to replace the SSNIT Students Loan Scheme. The Students Loan Trust Fund Act 2011, Act 820 has been passed by Parliament.
To Apply for Student Loan Trust Fund (SLTF) applicant must;
- Be a Ghanaian.
- Have been offered admission to study an accredited tertiary programme in Ghana.
- Be pursuing tertiary programme such as a diploma or 1st degree.
- Register for a valid Ghana Card Number (can be acquired at designated GRA offices for free)
- Have a valid Email Address
- Register for a Mobile Phone Number
- Have a Student ID card or admission letter
- Have an E-zwich Card (can be obtained at any bank)
Create an Account
- Tap on the Signup button
- You may read the legal notice and click on Agree that is if you agree.
- Fill in the required information and click on Next
- On user account info. page, tick the box “I agree to terms of service”(ie., if you agree to the terms of service) and click on Create Account button
- Once you create your account successfully, you will receive an activation code on your phone number or email. Input the code you received in the textbox and click on Activate Account button
If you are not able to activate your account;
- Click on the Login button on the homepage, then click on Activate Account below the Sign-in form
- Enter your Ghana card number/SSNIT number and click on Send Code
- Once you receive the activation code enter it into the Verification Code input field and click on Verify button.
- After activating your account, you can now Sign in to fill your student loan application form online.
- If for any reason you did not receive your activation code after 24hours, kindly contact the nearest Students Loan office for assistance.
- Note that any activation code sent to you expires after 48hours.
- Also, make sure you enter your correct active phone number and email address should be in small letters to receive the activation code.
Reset Forgotten Password
If you have forgotten your password;
- Click on the Login button on the homepage, then click on Forgotten Password below the Sign-in form
- Enter your Ghana card number/SSNIT number and click on Next
- Click on Send Code to request your activation code.
- Your activation code will be sent through SMS. Input the code in the Verification Code input field and click on Verify.
- Input your new password and click on Submit.
- You can now login with your Ghana card number/SSNIT number and your new password.
NB: If for any reason you did not receive your activation code after 24hours, kindly contact the nearest Students Loan office for assistance.
Student Loan Trust Fund Online Application Form
To complete the whole application process you need to;
- Upload all required and relevant supporting documents.
- Confirm your application details.
- Download and Upload all Agreement documents requested by the application.
- Take your biometric fingerprint at the nearest zonal or campus offices.
You will be contacted via email when your application is due. That’s all you need to do!
The Students Loan Trust Fund (SLTF), wishes to inform all loan applicants that, no fees are charged by the SLTF for processing of loan applications. Applicants are advised to deal only with officials of the Fund and are at no point required to make any payments for the service.
Borrowers who are making payments are advised to use only SLTF approved repayment channels on our website.
Student Loan Trust Fund Contact
Please visit our contact page for a list of all official phone numbers, including our zonal offices across the country.
Kindly call 030 2751020 for more information, or to report any acts of extortion.
The following beneficiaries of the Students Loan are due for repayment. The borrowers are in default of their monthly installments or have not started repayment of their loans.
We are therefore asking the under-listed borrowers to repay the loan for others to access the fund.
The Trust Fund will publish the names of these defaulters and their respective amounts in the National dailies if they fail to repay their loans on time.