The GhanaPay Mobile Money (MoMo) App commonly known as “Alandi” is now the new easiest way to receive money at zero transaction, pay bills, buy airtime and data, transfer money in and out of your bank account as well as send and received money for free in Ghana. You only pay the e-levy charges.
What is GhanaPay
GhanaPay is a mobile money (MoMo) service provided by universal banks, rural banks, and savings and loans companies to individuals and businesses. It is like any mobile money service, but with additional banking services designed for your financial freedom.
Why Ghana Pay Mobile Money (Alandi) Wallet?
- Everyone with access to a mobile phone can register for a GhanaPay Wallet, with or without a bank account.
- It allows you to have a direct relationship with a bank as a mobile money user.
- Users can have access to unlimited banking services in addition to existing mobile money services.
- Transfers on GhanaPay are free (only e-levy charges apply).
The GhanaPay App and its USSD shortcode were launched by the Government of Ghana (GOG) in collaboration with the Bank of Ghana (BOG) and the Ghana Interbank Payments and Settlements System Ltd. (GHIPSS) as a new mobile payment wallet platform.
Ghanaians can now access GhanaPay via USSD Shortcode *707# or Download the App on Google Playstore or Appstore.
3 Easy Ways to Register for GhanaPay
You can register for the GhanaPay mobile money wallet in one of 3 ways:
- Bank Branch
- Designated Agent (Location)
Document Required for GhanaPay Registration
The following documents are required to begin your registration
- A registered active mobile phone number
- A valid National ID (Ghana Card)
- Biodata (full name, date of birth, gender, etc.)
- Location (GPS) Address
How to Register for GhanaPay via Shortcode
Let’s Get Started:
- Dial *707# on your phone
- Select Register
- Select your Bank starting with the alphabet ranging (A-Z)
- Choose your Bank
- Enter your details (Surname & First Name)
- Link your Ghana Card number
- Follow the prompts to complete the registration
How to Register for GhanaPay Mobile Money Wallet via App
Here is how to get started with GhanaPay Mobile Money App
- Download GhanaPay App APK from Google Playstore and Appstore
- Tap on the icon to launch the App
- Choose your Bank and Branch
- Enter your Details
- Scan your Ghana card to complete the registration
- A pin will be sent to your phone number for confirmation
How to Send Money with your Ghana Pay Wallet
Follow the steps below to make a transaction with Ghana Pay App
- Launch your App
- Login and open your App
- Open the Menu
- Tap on Transfer
- Select from the options (GhanaPay to GhanaPay, GhanaPay to Bank, Mobile money, generate voucher, or Bank to GhanaPay)
- Follow the prompts and submit to complete the transaction
Read On Why? Ghana Card will be the only identification for banking or financial transactions
Other Quick Features
GhanaPay has the following services and more:
- Send and receive money on GhanaPay, other networks, and bank accounts
- Cash-in and Cash-out
- Pay a GhQR merchant
- Buy Airtime ad Data
- Generate a Token
- Request a statement
- Make a complaint or send feedback
- Pay Bills
- Value-added services
Get more Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Answers about the service.
Contact Ghana Pay
Toll-free number: 0800-000-707 or visit: www.ghipss.net
You may also speak to your bank