Download a PDF of Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) Aptitude test past questions & answers, and likely examination sample here. Applicants who apply for 2021 GIS Recruitment after a successful Screening exercise (Body Selected and Document validation) selected applicants will be shortlisted to write an Aptitude Test to qualify for the next stage of the recruitment exercise.
About Ghana Immigration Service Aptitude Test
The Ghana Immigration Service is under the auspices of the Ministry of interior with the president as commander-in-chief.
The format of the Ghana Immigration Service Aptitude test questions is mostly likely based on the following curriculum and subject areas:
General knowledge Questions & Answers
1. What is the organization of the Ghana Immigration Service?
- Answer: The Ghana Immigration Service is composed of the Ghana Immigration Service general recruits and Ghana Immigration Service officers
2. When was the Ghana Immigration Service established?
- Answer: The Ghana Immigration Service was established in 1989 under PNDC Law 226 with about 650 active duty personnel in 1989.
3. What is the Ghana Immigration Service command structure?
- Answer: The Ghana Immigration Service command structure extends from the minister of interior in the government to commanders in the field. Ghana Immigration Service units are deployed in the capital regions, and in Ghana’s border regions.
JUST IN: Ghana Police Service Releases Screening Date | Login and Print Screening Chit
4. What is the rank structure of the Ghana Immigration Service?
The Ghana Immigration Service has an organized command which begins from the most senior officer down to junior officer. The Comptroller General of Immigration services is the highest rank, below are the detailed structure of the Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) from the most senior officer down to junior officer:
- Controller-General of Immigration
- Deputy Comptroller-General of Immigration
- Commissioner of Immigration
- Deputy Commissioner of Immigration
- Assistant Commissioner of Immigration
- Chief Superintendent of Immigration
- Superintendent of Immigration
- Deputy Superintendent of Immigration
- Assistant Superintendent of Immigration
- Assistant Inspector
- Immigration Control Officer
- Assistant Immigration Control Officer I
- Assistant Immigration Control Officer II
5. Ghana Immigration make used of the following equipment
- Equipment consists of older weapons of British, Brazilian, Swiss, Swedish, Israeli, and Finnish origin. The Ghanaian Ghana Immigration Service inventory gave the following equipment : FV-601 Saladin and EE-9 Cascavel reconnaissance vehicles; MOWAG Piranha armored personnel carriers; 81mm and 120mm mortars; 84mm recoilless launchers; and 14.5mm ZPU-4 and 23mm ZU-23-2 air defense guns.
6. Who was the first commander of the Ghana Immigration Service?
- Answer: The Ghana Immigration Service started as the Immigration and Passport Unit of the Gold Coast Colonial Police Force under the command of Nevile C. Hill.
7. What are the objectives of the Ghana Immigration Service?
The Objectives of the Ghana Immigration Service are to:
- Manage migration in the national interest
- Combat irregular migration
- Promote national security.
8. The Motto of the Service is “Friendship with Vigilance”
Numeracy & Logical Reasoning
1. It takes an Engineer three hours to drive to his brother’s house at an average speed of 50 miles per hour. If He takes the same route home, but his average speed is 60 miles per hour, what is the time, in hours, that it takes him to drive home?
A. 2 hours and 33 minutes
B. 2 hours and 30 minutes
C. 2 hours and 3 minutes
D. 2 hours and 60 minutes
A stamping machine can stamp 40 envelopes in 8 minutes. How many of stamping machines, working at the same time, are required to stamp 120 envelopes per minute?
A. 3 Machines
B. 24 Machines
C. 60 Machines
D. 28 Machines
3. Yesterday, Kofi earned 50 cedis mowing lawns. Today, Kofi earned 60% of what he earned yesterday mowing lawns. How much money did Kojo earn mowing lawns today?
A. Gh¢ 3
B. Gh¢ 25
C. Gh¢ 30
D. Gh¢ 40
4. Kofi sells pies for Ghc10 each. Kwame sells beverages for Ghc1 each. If Kofi sells 23 apple pies and Kwame sells 17 beverages, what is the total in sales for both products combined?
A. Gh¢ 17
B. Gh¢ 213
C. Gh¢ 230
D. Gh¢ 247
5. A mountain path is 12.1 miles long. If a hiker walks along the path at a rate of 1.96 miles per hour, in approximate how many hours will the hiker walk the entire trail?
6. Adjoa’s gross salary for last month was Ghc4, 687.24. If Ghc421.78 was deducted from Adjoa’s salary pay, how much take-home pay did Adjoa earn this past month?
A. Gh¢ 421.78
B. Gh¢ 4,265.46
C. Gh¢ 4,687.24
D. Gh¢ 5,109.02
7. A woman’s store sells the following categories of clothing for the following prices:
A. Blouse: Gh¢ 14 each
B. Skirt: Gh¢ 16 each
C. Dress: Gh¢ 25 each
D. Pantyhose: 2 pairs for Gh¢ 3
E. Socks: Gh¢ 7
8. A lady goes to the store on a day when the store has a 20% off sale on all skirts. If Yaa buys 2 skirts, 1 dress, and 4 pairs of pantyhose, how much money does lady have to pay?
A. Gh¢ 55.20
B. Gh¢ 56.60
C. Gh¢ 63.00
D. Gh¢ 69.00
9. Last month, Yaws checking account had a balance of Gh¢ 347.20. Since then, Yaws deposited his paycheck of Gh¢ 563.89 and withdrew Ghc478.53. What is Kofi’s checking account balance now?
A. Gh¢ 432.56
B. Gh¢ 432.65
C. Gh¢ 456.23
D. Gh¢ 456.32
10. The perimeter of a rectangle is 26 cm. If its length is 10 cm, find its area
Literacy Questions & Answers
1. The instruction is meant for you and …………. Choose the word that best completes the sentence.
2. Some applicants complained that the appraiser…………… too little about them. Choose the word the best completes the sentence.
D. is Known
3. Read the passage and select how you would most likely and least likely respond
You are working in a small team as part of your training with a firm of surveyors. You overhear one of your more senior colleagues on the phone to a client. They are having a disagreement which results in your colleague raising their voice and giving them some information which you know to be incorrect. Your colleague is usually fantastic with clients and is well respected across the business but you know they have been having personal problems recently. At the end of the call, you ask your colleague if they are ok and whether they’d like to talk but they tell you to keep out of it and that they know what they are doing. What do you do?
Read the passage and select how you would most likely and least likely respond:
A. Call the client back as soon as you get a chance to try and smooth over the situation on behalf of your colleague.
B. Talk to your manager as soon as you can and explain what you observed so that the situation can be rectified as soon as possible.
C. Accept that your colleague is more senior than you and that they must know what they are doing.
D. Give your colleague some time to calm down and then ask them if they’d like to join you for a coffee. Give them a chance to discuss the call and if that doesn’t generate an appropriate response, talk to your manager.
C. Least likely. By accepting the behaviour of your colleague you are condoning the way they spoke to the client and this brings the risk of losing that client. It can be hard to give feedback to a more senior colleague but the relationship with the client is vital.
D. Most likely. The customer’s satisfaction is of utmost importance and the ideal situation would be for your colleague to smooth things over themselves. This approach allows them to talk things through with you and then to speak to the client. If that fails, you know you can always talk to your manager.