The Ghana COVID-19 Response Grant Programme application portal is officially open for SMEs to apply. The Ghana Agency Enterprise – GAE COVID-19 Response Grant is a nationwide grant programme expected to spur the economic recovery of SMEs.
GETP COVID 19 Response Grant Programme
The World Bank is providing funding support to the Government of Ghana (GoG) for the implementation of the Ghana Economic Transformation Project (GETP). The development objective of the Project is to promote private investments and firm growth in non-resource-based sectors.
The Government of Ghana through the Economic Transformation Project is providing grants to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic. The Ghana Enterprises Agency is implementing the COVID-19 Response Grant Programme and is inviting eligible High Growth Potential SMEs that have been impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic to apply for the grant.
The nationwide grant programme will focus on only SMEs most impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as those who showed resilience during the pandemic. The second phase of the COVID-19 Response Grant programme application is expected to spur the economic recovery of SMEs. It will focus strongly on export firms, female-owned enterprises, companies owned by Persons with Disability, and youth enterprises.
Read through the Grant Application guidelines provided, to guide in the completion of this application, the documentary requirements, target sectors, and to determine your eligibility following which you may apply for the grants. Similar to YouStart Ghana Initiative Programme.
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria
- Must be a Small or a Medium Enterprise (SME);
- Business Registration Certificate or Certificate of Incorporation;
- Financial Statements or Income Statements for the years 2019 to 2021;
- SMEs which commenced operations in or after March 2022 are not eligible and should not apply.
Which Sector can Apply
- Textiles and Garments
- Food and Beverage
- Transport & Logistics
- Pharmaceutical production firms and companies in the
- production of Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs)
- Payment for machinery and equipment, or technology
- Equipment installation and repair costs
- Regulatory Compliance costs
- Working capital expenditure such as raw materials, and marketing costs
GEA COVID -19 Grant Online Application Form
To apply, follow these step-by-step procedures to complete the Ghana Agency Enterprise (GAE) COVID-19 Grant online application form.
- Explore https://grant.gheaonline.com/registration
- Input basic bio & business information to register for the grants
- Continue with the competition of online application
- Upload requisite documentation onto the portal
- Screen out ineligible and retain only qualified applicants based on pre-determined eligibility criteria
- Shortlisted applicants will be selected and Due Diligence Performed
- To review and approve or reject any of the recommended Disbursements undertaken by the GEA following GC Approvals
Check your GAE COVID-19 Grant Application Status Online
Regularly check your application status online by following these simple steps
- Go to https://grant.gheaonline.com/checkstatus
- Enter your ID Number and Business Phone
- Tap on the Submit button
The application deadline for COVID-19 Response Grant is September 30, 2022.
For enquiries, please call the GEA Contac Centre on 0302 74 77 77 or email [email protected]
Further assistance may be accessed via any GEA Business Advisory Centres or Business Resources Centres at no cost to applicants.
NB: Only successful applicants will be contacted.