Ghana Education Service (GES) has outlined the Dos and Don’ts for the 2021 School Selection Exercise. The immediate Junior High School (JHS) Graduate will from today Monday, November 29, 2021, begins the selection of their preferred Senior High School (SHS) for Computerized School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS).
- All SHS/SHTS/TVET institutions have been placed in 4 categories, namely; Category A, B, C, and D.
- All candidates must choose their 1ST to 5TH choices from schools in Category A, B, and C in order of preference.
- Each choice must have a program and accommodation preference. Day / Boarding
- Candidates and parents should note that Category A schools can only be selected once and Category B Schools can be selected twice. A candidate can select all 5 choices from category C.
- Category B Candidate can select 2 schools
- Category A Candidate can select only 1 school
- Category C Candidate can select 5 schools
- Additionally, candidates are to select a compulsory day as the 6th choice from category D or choose boarding School from the list of schools in Appendix 3 (of the 2021 schools register) as Special Boarding.
List of Category A, B, C and D Senior High Schools (SHS) in Ghana
- Category D represents the Day school option. These are schools that candidates’ can attend as day students and therefore must be schools that are located in the candidates’ catchment area.
- Appendix 3 contains Special Boarding Schools that can be selected as boarding for the 6th choice selection.
- Category D: Represent the Day school option.
- Candidates who wish to offer only TVET Programmes must select all six (6) TVETS schools from CATEGORY A, B, and C as Day or Boarding.
- In total, all candidates must select six (6) schools.
- Parents are supposed to supervise their wards in the selection and filling process, sign and submit forms to their current Junior High Schools (JHS).