The much-awaiting Admission forms for all College of Education in Ghana is officially out. Therefore, all prospective candidates who wish to acquire a Bachelor of Education in any of these related courses can now read and apply. Besides, all qualified applicants are to note that, admission forms can be purchased at any Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited Nationwide. Also, applicants can purchase the admission forms via Mobile Money. This was announced in a Daily Graphic newspaper.
Does Colleges of Education now Offers Degree Programs
Note that, all Colleges of Education (Public) have now be upgraded to University Colleges of Education, hence, they now offer four-year degree programs in Bachelor of Education. Therefore, This initiative was implemented as part of improving the quality of teacher education in Ghana. Subsequently, training teachers after complete a three-year Diploma in Basic Education has to undergo a two-year further studies either by regular, distance or sandwich at any accredited university in Ghana. But now is the things of the past effect from the 2018/19 academic year.
Entry Requirements (WASSCE/SSSCE Applicants)
- WASSCE must have credit or more (A1-C6) in any six (6) subjects including; Three (3) Core: Mathematics (core), English Language, as well as any of three (3) Electives subjects relevant to the course of study.
- SSCE must pass or more (A-D) in any six (6) subjects including; Mathematics (core), English language, and any of three (3) three Electives subjects relevant to the course of study.
NB: Awaiting Candidates MAY/JUNE WASSCE and NABPTEX results can also apply.
Advance level (General Certificate Education (GCE))
- Have at least (Grade D) or more in any of the three (3) subjects.
- Have credit or pass (Grade 6) in five GCE ordinary level subjects including English Language, Mathematics and Science (for Science Students) as well as any Arts-related courses for non-science students.
Advanced Business Certificate Examination
- Pass in at least three (3) subjects (Grade D or More)
- At least have credit in Five (5) subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Science or Social studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE).
Technical and Vocational Education and Training Applicants
- Obtain a Certificate II in three (3) relevant profession areas awarded from NVTI, TEU, City and Guilds, and other accredited institutions in addition to NABPTEX certificate II instead of English and Mathematics.
- NABPTEX Certificate II in relevant profession area in addition to three (3) credit in WASSCE/SSSCE core subjects including English and Mathematics.
- A National Certificate II qualification in Competency-Based Training (CBT) in a relevant professional area awarded by TEU on the National TVET Qualification Framework (NTVETQF).
Colleges of Education available to accommodate students with special needs in Ghana
- Wesley College of Education, Kumasi
- Presbyterian College of Education, Akropong
- J Ahmadiyya, College of Education, WA
- Presbyterian College of Education, Akropong
Entry requirements for Students with Special Needs
- WASSCE must have credit or pass (A1-C6) in at least any of the two core subjects (English language and Social studies) and any other three (3) Elective subjects.
- SSSCE must have (A-D) in at least two (2) core subjects (English language and Social studies) and any other three (3) relevant elective subjects.
- WASSCE must have credit or pass (A1-C6) in at least any of the two core subjects (English language and Mathematics) and any other three (3) Elective subjects.
- SSSCE must have (A-D) in at least two (2) core subjects (English language and Mathematics) and any other three (3) relevant elective subjects.
How to register for Colleges of Education
- Purchase a Voucher from any Consolidated Bank Ltd Nationwide or via Mobile Money by dialing the short code *924*8# across all Networks.
- Received a Serial Number and a PIN
- Proceed to Colleges of Education admission Website: admission.coeportal.edu.gh
- Log in with your serial number and pin
- Fill in the online application form with your details
NB: any mistake notice of the application form will not the process.
- Select three Colleges of Education in addition to your choice of program and language spoken.
- Print a copy of the online application form, attach a copy of your results slip(s) and a passport photograph. Sent via EMS addressed to:
The Principal of the applicant’s first choice in step 6.
NB: upon completion of online registration you will receive an SMS to confirm your registration process successfully.
One Hundred and eighty Ghana Cedis (GH 180.00)
31st August 2021