Do you know how to complete and submit the Central Applications Office, CAO Change of Mind Request? Check out a comprehensive step-by-step guide on how to login CAO portal to request a change of mind.
Why CAO Change of Mind?
A Change of Mind (COM) is done when you want to change your study choices. This normally happens when:
- You no longer want to do a particular programme or programmes
- One or more of your choices has been unsuccessful
- An institution discontinues one of your programme choices (This change is free)
- You want to change the ranking of your choices
- You want to extend your application to the following entry year/term
How to Complete CAO Change of Mind Request
- Access the CAO Website
- Tap on the icon ‘Change of Mind’ on the Home Page
- Read the instructions that will guide you through
- Login to submit a ‘Change of Mind’
- Enter your new set of choices.
- Enter your programme choices as you now wish them to appear including the programme choices you wish to keep from your existing programme choices.
If you do not indicate which programme choices must remain on your application; those programme choices will be WITHDRAWN once your COM is submitted.
- Review and make sure that you have entered the correct choices and in the correct rank order
- Preview and Submit
- Tap on the “Process My Change of Mind” icon
Uses of the CAO Number
The Central Applications Office, CAO number is your unique personal reference number and is important. Make sure to keep a record of it. You will need it whenever you communicate Central Applications Office. The same applies to the EasyPay number.
- All payments to us must be made using this number.
- CAO number and EasyPay number are provided to you when you apply online.
- The CAO number and EasyPay number are also on the Application Form.
- Central Applications Office, CAO number is also required when you upload documents or when you want to complete a Change of Mind.
Easy Ways to Pay CAO Application Fees Online
CAO Application Status Check Online