Access the Botswana Defence Force (BDF) Online Application Form and apply for the latest vacancy. Botswana Defence Force (BDF) is pleased to announce to the general public that latest vacancies exist for OFFICER CADET Posts.
Potential Candidates should possess the following;
- A Levels with a minimum of grade B in Mathematics, Sciences and English Language
- BGCSE or Equivalent with a minimum of 42 points and a minimum of grade B in Mathematics, Sciences and English Language.
Botswana Defense Force Entry Requirements
- Botswana Citizens are both male and female (with no dual citizenship).
- Should be in possession of a valid National ID card (Omang).
- Candidates must be 18 years and not yet 23 years on 1st July 2023.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- No adverse criminal records
- Minimum height of 160 cm for males and 155 cm for females
- Minimum body weight of 55 Kg for males and 45 Kg for females.
- Female candidates must not be pregnant at recruitment.
- Candidates should be unmarried with no dependents or legal obligation to support a child or children.
Key Personal Attributes
High sense of Duty, Integrity, Esprit de Corps, Courage, Discipline, and Loyalty.
Remuneration, Benefits and Opportunities
BDF offers competitive remuneration and benefits packages commensurate with qualifications over and above the following;
- Free accommodation and subsidized utilities
- Professional and academic growth
- Local and international exposure
- 20% BDF X-factor allowance
- Free advanced medical cover
All candidates shall undergo a selection process which includes: Physical fitness assessment and comprehensive medical exam, aptitude tests, oral interviews and group tests.
Successful candidates shall undergo a requisite Officer Cadet Training and a 4-year Military degree programme in the United States of America at the prestigious Air Force Academy. On completion of training, officers must be ready to serve in various geographic locations and environmental conditions.
How to Apply for Botswana Defence Force Online
To get started, access the Botswana Defence Force Online Application Form and attach a certified copies of relevant educational certificates/documents, transcripts and National Identity Card (Omang). CV and references must be attached and forwarded to the link below:
- Access https://online.bdf.org.bw/
- Navigate and tap on Apply Now
- URL redirect you to BDF e-Recruitment Portal
- Fill in all required details
- Preview and Submit
Only applicants with constraints in using the link above are allowed to send their application to the address below:
Botswana Defence Force
Private Bag X06
Reference: O/CDT: VAC 2/2022
NB: Kindly ensure that your contact details especially mobile phones are valid as they will be used for the invitation to the selection process.
Deadline and Schedules
Closing date: 18 November 2022
Hand deliveries will not be allowed. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
For Enquiries call 3662135/71373483