Discover the Auckland University of Technology – AUT Canvas a Learning Management System (LMS) and login with your username and password. Students use AUT Canvas to access course content, Calendar, grade, and due dates, collaborating with peers.
Auckland University of Technology – AUT Canvas
AUT Canvas was designed by the Auckland University of Technology for students to login and access courses, submit assignments and quizzes, as well as allow instructors to communicate with students about course activities and post interesting course-related topics.
Canvas is AUT’s new web-based learning environment where students can access course materials including lecture slides, course readings, assessments, grades, and your academic team all in one place. Once you’ve enrolled into your courses for the semester, all your course materials will be available in Canvas – either through your web browser or the Canvas Student app.
This Canvas Quick Guide is for students who want to learn how to use canvas. The purpose of this guide is to help students quickly familiarize themselves with the Auckland University of Technology Student Canvas Portal.
How to Access AUT Canvas
AUT Canvas has now replaced Blackboard as your home for course content.
- Explore canvas.aut.ac.nz to access your Dashboard. You may have to use your normal login details the first time you logon.
- Your login name and password for Canvas will be the same as they are for logging onto Student Hub Online and AUT computers.
- The default password is your day and month of birth in this format (ddmmm) Example: 03aug.
How to Login AUT Canvas
Let’s get started
- Head over to Canvas
- Enter your AUT login details
- Tap on the login button
- Explore your Canvas dashboard – you’ll find the courses you are enrolled in
How to Reset AUT Forgot Password
You can reset your password if you’ve forgotten it.
How to Submit Assignment on Canvas
You can submit online assignments in Canvas using several submission types. Instructors can choose what kind of online submissions they want you to use. You may also have the option to resubmit assignments if your instructor allows it.
- Access your Canvas Dashboard
- In Course Navigation, Tap Assignment
- Tap the name of an assignment to view
- To submit an assignment, Tap the Start Assignment button
- Select Submission Type
- To submit an annotated document, Tap the Student Annotation tab
- Select the File Upload tab
- Tap Submit Assignment
- View Submission
NB: Group assignments do not support the student annotation submission type.
Your instructor will decide what kinds of submissions are appropriate for each Assignment. There are four submission types: upload a file, submit a text entry, enter a website URL, or submit media. You can only select one submission type per submission.
NB: all file types may be available for your Assignment, depending on the assignment submission type set by your instructor.
AUT Contact Details
Phone: 0800 288 428
- Monday to Friday: 8 am to 10 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10 am to 6 pm
Hours may vary during semester break and Summer School.
ICT Service Desk staff are at Tech Central on each campus:
- City Campus: WA4
- North Campus: AL125
- South Campus: MA2
AUT Website: https://www.aut.ac.nz/