Access N&MC Indexing Portal for Student Nurse Assistants, Nurses and Midwives involves the recording of students’ personal data Online into a database to ensure that each student’s qualification for admission into the various programmes is based on the approved entry requirement as prescribed by the Council in collaboration with the Ministry of Health.
N&MC Online Indexing Portal
The process of indexing begins upon receipt of Indexing Forms from various Nursing and Midwifery Training Institutions. Upon completion of the indexing process, students who satisfy all entry requirements are issued unique index numbers which would be used for the Council’s licensing examination.
Requirements for N&MC Online Indexing Portal
- Duly completed Indexing form
- Prescribed Fee
What is the requirement for indexing as a student Nurse or Midwife?
(a) Nurses Assistant Programmes
- Nurses Assistant (Clinical) (NAC)
- Nurses Assistant (Preventive) (NAP)
Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE)/West Africa School Certificate Examination (WASCE) results with a minimum of a pass in three (3) Core Subjects (Mathematics, English and Integrated Science) and passes in three (3) elective subjects.
(b) Basic Nursing and Midwifery Programmes
- Registered General Nursing (RGN)
- Registered midwifery (RM)
- Registered Community Nursing (RCN)
- Registered Mental Health Nursing (RMN)
A minimum of a Credit in three Core Subjects (Mathematics, English and Integrated Science)
A minimum of a Credit in three (3) electives from the following programme options.
- General Arts
- Home Economics
- Agricultural Science
Kindly refer to the table below for the combination of subjects accepted for the various programme options.
|No.||Elective Programmes||Elective Subjects|
|b.||General Arts Options|
|c.||Agricultural Programme Option|
|d.||Home Economics Option|
What documents are required for indexing?
- Verified result
- Birth Certificate
The names and all other details on all documents submitted for indexing must be the same. Where there are inconsistencies, the inconsistencies must be reconciled in a gazette.
Nursing and Midwifery Council Indexing Portal
- Visit: https://nmc.gov.gh/web/
- Go to “Online Services” and Click “Online Indexing” from the drop down
- You will be redirected to the indexing portal
- For existing users with an account, login using your credentials. For new applicants, Click “Create Account”
- Enter your “Access Code”, “Email”, “Password” and “Confirm Password” and Click “Create Account”
- On successfully creating account a notification will be shown. An activation link will be sent to your email address
- Check your email for validation link and Click “Validate Registration”
- On successful validation of registration, a notification is received. Click OK.
- You will be redirected to the login page. Login using your email and password used in step 5 during account creation.
- On logging in successfully a notification saying “Good Job! Login Successful” is shown. Click OK
- Fill out the online indexing form, using the next and previous buttons to navigate through the Form.
Apply Online for your N&MC Certificate
The Nursing And Midwifery Council of Ghana certificate collection form is designed to help practitioners and or newly qualified Nurses and Midwives inform the Council about where they intend collecting their certificates.
- Provide your full Name in the order that should appear on the certificate
- If you have a basic program, Please provide the number in full.
Kindly follow the simple steps to apply:
- Browse the web address: https://nmc.gov.gh/web/certificate-collection
- Enter your Full Name and Index Number
- Select your Programme
- Registered General Nursing
- Registered Mental Nursing
- Registered Community Nursing
- Registered Midwifery
- Key in the following details
- Telephone number
- Basic Registration Number
- Pickup your Regional Office
- Tap on Submit
How to Check Nursing Licensure Examination Results
Access the MOH Admission Portal and Apply for Nursing Training College
Admission Requirements for Nursing Training and Midwifery Programmes