Table of Contents
How do I set parental control on my Android?
- Register a Gmail account for them with the correct age and with your email as the parent.
- Install Google Family Link on your phone.
- Add their registered e-mail to your Google Family Link.
- Factory Reset their android device if they already have one.
- Login with their own/new Gmail account that is linked to your Google Family Link.
NB: If it is a new device, make sure you use their Gmail account to activate the device.
- Immediately you carry out steps 4 & 5 above, your phone will get a notification to allow them to activate the device, this is the beginning of you taking control from anywhere.
Do parental controls work?
- All adult content of any form will never load on their phone.
- They cannot install anything without your approval remotely from the Family Link.
- You can lock their device from anywhere.
- You can set a start and stop time for their device usage, the phone will lock when it gets to that time even if you forget.
How should l control my children from watching all YouTube Videos?
- YouTube will not allow them to see adult content too.
- I recommend you remove the normal YouTube and install YouTube Kids.
- From your Google Family Link, you can see how long they stayed on each app or page, and warn them when necessary.
- Keeping visiting flatprofile.com you will see more relating articles publish often.
Dear Parents, let’s protect the morality of our Children.
Credit: Sebuabe, UEW ICT Dept.